Skin Care Regimen & Tips for 20s
The 20s is best time for your skin. The skin is plump and firm, there is good skin elasticity, and the skin cells grow fast. However, the cells can drop by 20 percent in the late 20s. First fine lines begin to appear around the eye and mouth at the end of the decade. At this stage, the most important thing you can do is to develop good habits to delay the aging process. If you take good care of your skin in your 20’s, you can be sure to have healthy skin in your 30’s.
Skin Care Regimen for 20s
In addition to basic skin care regimen, here are things you should add to your regimen if you are in your 20s.
– Remove makeup before you go to sleep to allow the skin to breathe and absorb moisturizer you apply.
– Know your skin type and use the right products for your skin.
- If you have dry skin, choose skin care products which help to hydrate your skin and retain natural moisture.
- If you have oily skin or acne-prone skin, use skin care products that contain salicylic acid or AHAs to exfoliate the skin and unclog pores. These products help to prevent enlarged pores, blackheads, and acne.
- If you have sensitive skin, use fragrance free skin care products.
Aside from using the right products for your skin, you should also look for antioxidant skin care ingredients in your products.
– Add eye cream to your skin care regimen to prevent wrinkles and reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.
– Start using a retinoid to prevent fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of premature aging. You should also use skin care products that contain antioxidants as these ingredients fight free radicals that damage your skin.
– Apply sunscreen every morning. Choose sunscreen with broad-spectrum protection. Apply sunscreen after moisturizer and before makeup at least 15-30 minutes before you go out in the sun.
– Exfoliate your skin once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells and clean your pores.
Skin Care Tips for 20s
– Avoid exposure to the sun as sun’s rays cause premature aging, wrinkles, freckles, skin cancer, and age spots.
– Quit smoking and limit alcohol intake because both can dehydrate the skin and cause skin dullness.
– Get enough sleep. As you sleep, your body is healing itself. Your skin is rejuvenating and becoming more beautiful.
– Exercise. It flashes out toxins and enhances blood circulation, resulting in glowing skin.
– Eat healthy foods. Vegetables and fruits are good sources of antioxidants. Flaxseeds and salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that prevent dehydration and sagging skin.