There are several tips for glowing skin, including exercising regularly, eating healthy foods, and getting enough sleep. These tips promote glowing skin for the inside out. You can also get glowing skin faster by taking good care of your skin from the outside. The key to glowing skin is to remove the buildup of dead skin cells, dirt, and other impurities that make your skin look dull. Here are some home remedies for glowing skin.
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
- Honey Mask. One of many benefits of honey on the skin is to make skin glowing. Honey has the ability to retain water and to nourish the skin deeply. It also has antioxidant properties that protect the skin from damaging free radicals. It also absorbs impurities from the pores on the skin.
Apply honey on your face and neck for 20 minutes. Then rinse off with cold water. If you have oily skin that is likely to get a buildup of oil, you can mix honey with some lemon juice and apply the mixture to the skin. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent that helps remove dead skin cells and fade skin discoloration.
- Yogurt Mask. Yogurt contains lactic acid that gently exfoliates the skin and refines the pores. Combine one cup of plain yogurt with 2 tablespoons of honey. Apply the mask to your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly.
- Papaya / Strawberry Mask. Papaya and strawberries contain fruit enzymes, which gently exfoliate the skin. They are also high in vitamin C that helps brighten the skin tone and works as an antioxidant to prevent the skin from pollution.
Mash a piece of fresh papaya or 2-3 strawberries. Then apply the mask to the skin and leave it for 10 minutes. Then rinse with cold water.
- Pineapple & Carrot Mask. Pineapple contains enzymes that improve skin hydration and remove dead skin cells. Carrot repairs skin tissue and promotes skin renewal. Mix pineapple juice and carrot juice. Apply the mask on the face. Let it dry and rinse off with cold water.
- Cucumber & Tomato Mask. Cucumbers and tomatoes have high content of vitamin K. Vitamin K assists in healing of skin discoloration and promotes glowing skin. Cucumber also has the ability to pull impurities and toxins from the skin. Mix cucumber juice and tomato juice. Apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then rinse off. Cucumber and tomato mask also tightens the pores and fades acne scars.
- Oatmeal & Milk Scrub. Oatmeal absorbs impurities and restores the natural balance of moisture on the skin. Milk contains lactic acid which is one of gentle alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). Mix milk, oatmeal, and honey. Apply the scrub on the skin and then massage the skin for around three to five minutes. Then rinse off.
- Facial Steaming. Facial steaming is one of important steps of how to do a facial at home. It opens your pores so a facial mask can penetrate deeply into the skin. Facial steaming also helps improve blood circulation and thus promote glowing skin.