Homemade Hand & Nail Treatments
Hands age faster than any other parts of your body as the hand skin is very thin and has little collagen and elastin. Taking good care of your hands can prevent dry hands, wrinkles, and liver spots. In addition to hand care tips, homemade hand and nail treatments can maintain your healthy hand skin without costing too much time and money.
Homemade Hand Lotions and Creams
– Hand massage oil: Warm olive oil and massage it on your cuticles and nails after you have taken a shower. The warm olive oil will soften cuticles and moisturize your nails.
– Almond hand cream: Heat 1/4 cup of beeswax in a double boiler. Then mix it with 1/2 cup of almond oil, 1/2 cup of coconut oil, and 1/4 cup of rose water. Stir until thoroughly mixed and pour the mixture into a container while still hot. It will become firm when it cools.
– Cocoa butter hand treatment: Heat 2 tablespoons of beeswax, 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter, 4 tablespoons of jojoba oil, and one tablespoon of anhydrous lanolin in a double boiler. When the mixture melts, add 20 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil. Stir until thoroughly mixed and pour the hand cream into a container. It can be stored for up to 4 months.
Homemade Hand Scrubs
– Sugar hand scrub: Mix 2 tablespoons of oil (vegetable, baby, or olive oil) with 3 tablespoons of sugar. Make into a paste and gently rub the paste on your hands for 2-3 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
– Lemon & sea salt hand scrub: Mix one tablespoons with one tablespoon of sea salt. Brush the mixture on hands with an old toothbrush for 2-3 minutes. Do the exfoliation twice a week to remove dead skin cells, soften the hand skin, and get rid of liver spots.
Homemade Hand Masks
– Honey & egg hand mask: Mix one teaspoon of honey and one egg white. Apply the mask on clean hands. Leave it for 5-10 minutes. Then wash off with warm water.
– Honey & Olive oil hand mask: Mix one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of olive oil. Apply the mixture on your hands. Place your hands in plastic bags, and then in cotton gloves. Leave on for 30 minutes. Then rinse off with warm water.