Omega-3 Fatty Acid: Beauty and Health Benefits
Omega 3 fatty acids offer a wide range of beauty and health benefits and should be part of our daily diet.
Beauty Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are one of top anti-aging nutrition. Cold-water fish such as salmon are good sources of these essential fatty acids. Their high quality protein also benefits your skin. The benefits of omega-3 fatty acids to your skin are
– Reduce dry, flakey skin by preventing dehydration of cells
– Promote glowing skin and improve skin tone
– Prevent sagging skin
– Make your skin plumper and more youthful
– Maintain skin’s elasticity
Omega 3 fatty acids make nails stronger and less prone to splitting.
Health Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
– Help build healthy cell membranes
– Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
– Provide anti-inflammatory effects on our joints
– Reduce your risk of depression
– Lower cholesterol
– Lower triglycerides
– Lower blood pressure
– Lower the risk of certain cancers and reduce prostate tumor growth
– Improve immune function
Sources of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Flex seeds, walnuts, scallops, soybeans, shrimp, tofu, and cold-water fish such as salmon, mackerel, and sardines.
If you plan to take omega-3 fatty acid supplements, 0.5 to 1.8 grams of these fatty acids per day is sufficient.